Monday, October 2, 2023

What makes GOD show up?

 

Matthew 18:10

King James Version

10 Take heed 

that ye despise not one of these little ones; 

for I say unto you, 

That in heaven their angels do always behold 

the face of my Father which is in heaven.


I speak from my own experience.

Many, many decades of experience.

Wherein my heart remained forever childlike.

Not childish, but childlike.

Forever creative.

Expectant.

Trusting.

Hardy.

Curious.

Experimental.

Resilient.

A listener.

Happy.

Cheerful.

Hungry.

Thirsty.


That ought to be a baker's dozen.

But that's how I came to JESUS, the Bread of Life.

No matter how I erred, JESUS stayed through.

No matter how long it took me, JESUS was just around.

No matter how much I sinned, JESUS waited for me.

All because He knew I had a childlike heart.

I'd merely dust myself off, and get back up again.

I've always approached GOD from a child's point of view.

Wherein I'd pray to Him directly.

With no fear, but only with sincerity.

With delight, and lots of playfulness.

But when my sins took their toll, I knew it was time.

Time to get right with GOD.

Surely you know that feeling.

When you can't stand self anymore.

When you know you're doing something wrong.

But our heavenly Father is merciful.

He is patient.

He waits for us to come around.

He knows we will.

For He predestined us to do so.

Jeremiah 1:5-7

King James Version

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; 

and before thou camest forth out of the womb 

I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee 

a prophet unto the nations.

6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! 

behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.

7 But the Lord said unto me, 

Say not, I am a child: 

for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, 

and whatsoever I command thee 

thou shalt speak.


Matthew 22:14

King James Version

14 For many are called, 

but few are chosen.


Matthew 24:31

King James Version

31 And he shall send his angels 

with a great sound of a trumpet, 

and they shall gather together his elect 

from the four winds, 

from one end of heaven to the other.


Matthew 25:34

King James Version

34 Then shall the King say unto them 

on his right hand, 

Come, ye blessed of my Father, 

inherit the kingdom prepared for you 

from the foundation of the world:


John 10:27-28

King James Version

27 My sheep hear my voice, 

and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; 

and they shall never perish, 

neither shall any man pluck them 

out of my hand.


He created us for a purpose.

Only a curious child would keep at it.

Forever asking questions.

Mulling the answers.

Checking what fits.

Content when it does.

When it isn't, we keep asking.

Searching.

Exploring.

And asking more questions.

That was my natural approach.

A heart that remained childlike forever.

Despite my many years.

Which seemed to delight the LORD.

JESUS liked us playful.

It's the only way I'm able to weave all these articles.

At the amazing speed SPIRIT gives me.

And getting it to you right away.

One day, His apostles asked Him:

Matthew 18:1

King James Version

18 At the same time 

came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, 

Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?


JESUS responded:

Matthew 18:2-5

King James Version

2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, 

and set him in the midst of them,

3 And said, 

Verily I say unto you, 

Except ye be converted, 

and become as little children, 

ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself 

as this little child, 

the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5 And whoso shall receive 

one such little child in my name 

receiveth me.


Further reinforcing it with:

Matthew 18:6-7

King James Version

6 But whoso shall offend 

one of these little ones which believe in me, 

it were better for him that a millstone 

were hanged about his neck, 

and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

7 Woe unto the world because of offences! 

for it must needs be that offences come; 

but woe to that man 

by whom the offence cometh!


Only by being childlike, and trusting, can we become teachable.

Fertile ground for SPIRIT to teach us.

We need that purity of heart.

Innocence of mind.

Natural excitement.

A prayerful heart.

That GOD may show up.

And have His SPIRIT teach us.

Everything about His Son, JESUS.

Who teaches us to worship GOD.

All these, through SPIRIT's guidance.

How did I figure out all these things?

By being repentant.

Sincerely grieved over my sins.

Being forever childlike with GOD.

He sent His SPIRIT to teach me everything I needed to know.

GOD loves a playful heart.

A heart attuned to His will.

His ways.

His heart.

Psalm 14:2

King James Version

2 The Lord looked down from heaven 

upon the children of men, 

to see if there were any that did understand, 

and seek God.


Related material:

What GOD Looks For

What GOD delights in

CHILDLIKE series

PREDESTINATION

Student of SPIRIT

GOD's LOVE for children

Having a CHEERFUL heart


Image: Pixabay through Pexels


SECRET to CONSERVATION

  Luke 12:15 King James Version 15 And he said unto them,  Take heed, and beware of covetousness:  for a man's life consisteth not  in t...