Thursday, September 28, 2023

Simple LIVING comforts

 

A simple style rocks!


Colossians 3:2

King James Version

2 Set your affection on things above, 

not on things on the earth.


Why does my heart delight in simplicity?

GOD made me that way.

Always have been.

It also comes from being born again.

We focus on JESUS alone.

Colossians 3:1

King James Version

3 If ye then be risen with Christ, 

seek those things which are above, 

where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.


So, while going about my morning routine, I was thinking to myself simple stuff:

For lighting a room, one bulb would do.

For softer light, a lampshade would do.

Simple measures, really.

We could also design simple homes.

Or buy simple homes.

Wherein there'd be two to three bedrooms, one toilet and bath.

A kitchenette, a living room.

A free-standing house, with some space all around it.

That would offer a bit of space to roam, to garden, to entertain.

Not the usual flashy way, of course.

We want to live right, but not ostentatiously.

The important thing is people get along in it.


Condo living is also ideal.

Same with rented rooms.

The cheapest, safest, and most basic.

We want to worship GOD, not the things of this world.

We do not want to be possessed by our possessions.

Our time here on earth is but temporary.

Why do we act as if we're fastened to our possessions?

Why do we act as if we're going to live forever on earth?

A born agains trusts in the LORD to provide for our needs.

We let the LORD design our life and work.

We let Him design our house.

By the LORD's life, we live.

JESUS lived simply.

Why should we do otherwise?

So, a simple house would do.

Simple furnishings suffice.

Who cares if you bought it at a flea market?

Who cares if it was handed down to you by your folks?

Who cares if it cost almost nothing?

(All the better, I say.)

Important thing is it serves you and your family.

Choose low-maintenance stuff.

Choose simple, basic stuff.

Choose hardy stuff.

Are you really so concerned what the Joneses would say?

I never did.

Peace in my soul reigned.

Focusing on simple, livable stuff gives you more time for worship.

Of course, I'm presuming you're born again.

And if you're not, I'm wondering why you're not.

Even as I'm a graduate of Architecture, I was never impressed with complexity.

On and on, I sought simplicity.

I preferred clear thinking.

An organized way of thinking.

Who better to organize my thoughts than SPIRIT?

John 14:26

King James Version

26 But the Comforter, 

which is the Holy Ghost, 

whom the Father will send in my name, 

he shall teach you all things, 

and bring all things to your remembrance, 

whatsoever I have said unto you.


Sure you need that latest coffeemaker?

Or the trendiest high-definition tv?

Or that glitzy sofa?

Or that high mattress?

(Which reminds me of a tomb.)

(Which also makes me think you'll need a ladder.)

Or new garden furniture?

I once designed bohemian-style.

We scour the flea markets.

We get creative when we're low budget.

Mostly, we make do with what's available.

Being born again further simplified that.

Now, all we need is JESUS.

Apostle Paul did say our citizenship is in heaven.

Philippians 3:20-21

Christian Standard Bible

20 Our citizenship is in heaven, 

and we eagerly wait for a Savior from there, 

the Lord Jesus Christ. 

21 He will transform the body of our humble condition 

into the likeness of his glorious body, 

by the power that enables him 

to subject everything to himself.


JESUS also said He's preparing a place for us.

John 14:2-4

King James Version

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: 

if it were not so, I would have told you. 

I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, 

I will come again, and receive you unto myself; 

that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.


Why, then, should we be caught up in the things of the world?

1 John 2:16

King James Version

16 For all that is in the world, 

the lust of the flesh, 

and the lust of the eyes, 

and the pride of life, 

is not of the Father, 

but is of the world.


How is your home like?

Sure you need all those things?

What is your family like?

Much to ponder on.

I know what I chose.

Rather, Who I chose.

It's always been JESUS.

And a Bible.

That I may know His WORD.

And live accordingly.


Related material:

PEACE through JESUS

The Quack Architect

BORN AGAIN dress code

BORN AGAIN classics

EDUCATION from SPIRIT


Image: Rachel Claire


SECRET to CONSERVATION

  Luke 12:15 King James Version 15 And he said unto them,  Take heed, and beware of covetousness:  for a man's life consisteth not  in t...