Sunday, July 21, 2024

CORRECTING old notions

Romans 12:2

King James Version

2 And be not conformed to this world: 

but be ye transformed 

by the renewing of your mind, 

that ye may prove what is that good, 

and acceptable, 

and perfect, 

will of God.


Have you ever lived by man's sayings?

The kind that guided you through life?

The kind that inspired you?

The kind that kept you going?

The kind that kept you on track? 

Well, I had a favorite one.

A very powerful one.

Or so I thought.


Consider this one:

"Systems die; 

instincts remain."

-- Oliver Wendell Holmes


It worked for a season.

Until GOD's season in my life.

Wherein He made me born again.

And that saying didn't suffice anymore.

GOD took it to His level.

Correcting my old notions.

His SPIRIT inspired in me another version:

"Systems die; 

GOD's WORD remains."


Nothing in this world will ever last.

EXCEPT the WORD of GOD.

Proof?

Through prophet Isaiah, in the Old Testament:

Isaiah 40:8 

King James Version

8 The grass withereth, 

the flower fadeth: 

but the word of our God 

shall stand for ever.


Through JESUS, in the New Testament:

Luke 21:33 

King James Version

33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: 

but my words shall not pass away.


We, humans, are but flesh.

Subject to impermanence, death, and fallibility.

How can our words ever be "law"?

Psalm 146:3-5

King James Version

3 Put not your trust in princes, 

nor in the son of man, 

in whom there is no help.

4 His breath goeth forth, 

he returneth to his earth; 

in that very day his thoughts perish.

5 Happy is he 

that hath the God of Jacob for his help, 

whose hope is in the Lord his God:


Romans 3:23-24

King James Version

23 For all have sinned, 

and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace 

through the redemption 

that is in Christ Jesus:


That's why I subscribe to GOD's TRUTH alone.

CHRIST is my go-to, for anything.

And everything.

Isaiah 55:8-9

King James Version

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, 

neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, 

so are my ways higher than your ways, 

and my thoughts than your thoughts.


John 15:5

King James Version

5 I am the vine, 

ye are the branches: 

He that abideth in me, 

and I in him, 

the same bringeth forth much fruit: 

for without me ye can do nothing.


John 21:25

King James Version

25 And there are also many other things 

which Jesus did, the which, 

if they should be written every one, 

I suppose that even the world itself 

could not contain 

the books that should be written. 

Amen.


Colossians 2:6-7

King James Version

6 As ye have therefore received 

Christ Jesus the Lord, 

so walk ye in him:

7 Rooted and built up in him, 

and stablished in the faith, 

as ye have been taught, 

abounding therein with thanksgiving.


Colossians 2:8-10

King James Version

8 Beware lest any man spoil you 

through philosophy and vain deceit, 

after the tradition of men, 

after the rudiments of the world, 

and not after Christ.

9 For in him dwelleth 

all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

10 And ye are complete in him, 

which is the head of all principality 

and power:


Related material:

GOD's TRUTH

GOD is STEADY

The ONLY THING that will REMAIN

The MAGNIFICENCE and MAJESTY of GOD


CORRECTING old notions

Romans 12:2 King James Version 2 And be not conformed to this world:  but be ye transformed  by the renewing of your mind,  that ye may prov...